Our lawyers are first class mediators. They are all exceptionally experienced family lawyers, who are able to use their legal expertise to guide you to reaching constructive, and long lasting solutions.
What is mediation?
Are you finding it difficult to communicate with each other? Would you like to reach agreements, but are finding it difficult to do so on your own? If so, then mediation can offer you a way to do so.
Mediation offers a safe and managed space for you to explore options with the help of a skilled and trained mediator. The mediator will help you to discuss issues constructively, and will record your decisions which can then be made legally binding.
Courts encourage mediation
How it works
Mediation meetings usually take place with you in a room together with your former partner. We can discuss alternatives to this, if needs be. During Covid, meetings take place remotely by video conference.
In matters regarding finances, you and your partner are expected to provide full disclosure of financial information.
Mediation for child arrangements
Hybrid family mediation
Having your lawyers present at the meetings, can speed up the process as you will have direct and timely access to legal advice. The lawyers are able to draft any documentation needed to make the agreements reached legally binding.
Benefits of mediation
- It is much quicker and cheaper than going to court;
- It helps you and your former partner to have constructive conversations and reduces conflict;
- It helps parents to focus on the needs of their children, and to make arrangements for co-operative co-parenting;
- It paves the way for effective communication;
- It enables you to reach decisions that best suit your family as you remain in control of the process as well as the outcomes.